Pages

Friday 30 March 2012

A red cap for the fashion show

So I really like to create things but I don't have formal training in pattern drafting.  Therefore, I use things that fit me well and draw the patterns from them.
J'aime bien créer mais je n'ai pas de formation en dessin de patron.  Donc, j'utilise des choses qui me font bien et j'en tire les patrons.

My latest is a newsboy cap I wanted to make to wear with my cute tie skirt.  Since my tie skirt is in red tones, I thought I would use an old pair of (too-tight) cords to make a cute newsboy cap.  I got a newsboy cap at Value Village that I thought was cute for 1.50$:
Ma dernière création est une casquette que je veux montrer avec ma jupe-cravates.  Comme ma jupe est dans les tons de rouge, j'ai pensé utiliser une vieille paire de corduroy (trop serrés) pour en faire une jolie casquette.  J'ai acheté une casquette au Village des valeurs que je trouvais jolie pour 1.50$:


Then, I proceeded to rip the seams out and I ended up with this:
J'ai donc décousu tous les morceaux et voici ce que j'ai obtenu:


The black pieces are the lining.  So once I had the pieces cut up, I ironed them and traced them on paper and then on my red cord.  I started to make the cap but it is pretty late and I did not buy the plastic to make the "brim" (?)...  So I thought "Why not, NOT put a brim ?  It is a bit different, exactly what I needed to separate my look.  I had some rust lining in my stash.  So here is the result.
Les morceaux noirs sont la doublure.  Une fois que les pièces étaient décousues, je les ai repassées et tracées sur du papier et ensuite, coupées dans le corduroy rouge.  Je voulais faire la casquette mais comme il est tard et que je n'ai pas de plastique pour faire la palette, j'ai pensé "Pourquoi ne PAS mettre une palette ?"  C'est différent, en plein ce dont j'ai besoin pour me démarquer du lot.  J'avais un morceau de doublure dans mes retailles.  Voici donc mon résultat:

 

The little "button" is something I whipped up on a whim (a button inside a yoyo).  I really like it and I'm pretty sure it will be ADORABLE with my tie skirt outfit.
Le petit "bouton" sur le dessus, je l'ai fait sur un coup de tête (un bouton dans un yoyo).  J'aime bien ce petit chapeau et je suis certaine qu'il sera ADORABLE avec ma jupe-cravates.

I took a picture wearing it but as it is pretty late, I think I will wait to have it taken by someone else...
J'ai pris une photo avec le chapeau sur la tête mais, comme il est tard, ce n'est pas très réussi alors je vais attendre que quelqu'un arrive pour la prendre.

So thanks for reading and I'll post something else soon.
Merci d'être passé et je vais afficher quelque chose bientôt.

Peace

Claudia




2 comments:

  1. Oh i can't wait to see you in your hat! Great idea to deconstruct the old one to make a pattern!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also your newest follower! Refashioning is so much fun and I love to see what everyone else is doing. My blog is www.chicenvelopements.wordpress.com
    Come on over for a visit sometime!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete