Pages

Friday 9 March 2012

Work in progress

Hey everyone !

I still have no comments but I figure they will come so I will continue addressing you invisible people :)

So everyone loved their little lavender pyramids yesterday and the raclette was fabulous.

Today, I am a little under the weather (sniffles and cold) just in time to go back to work : /.  So I sewed a little bit but it is not fiinshed yet.  But since I was not feeling very well tonight, I decided to crochet the edge of my previous refashions.  As nobody is here to take my picture, I can't show it to you just yet but here are the steps I took to make it.  I think you'll like it because it is very flattering.  I started with this original green sweater I got at Value Village which I like very much (albeit a tad short) and I decided to refachion one of those ugly, bulky men's swetater with a nice pattern.


So here is how the original shirt looked like on me (yes, the firefly is back !):


As you can see, not very flattering.  I am very petite so I need clothes to be tailored to my body because if not, I look like I am wearing a potato sack...

OK, so the first step was to trace a pattern from my original fitted sweater onto brown paper and to trace it back onto the men's sweater.


I first cut out the front and back parts (from the same pattern piece).  Notice that I did not cut the sweater's seams (side and shoulders) first, as I usually do.  It turned out to be a very good  step for the sleeves.


As you can see on the close-up, the original sleeve piece still has a piece of the front and back attached to it when I cut out.


Now when it came to cut out the sleeves, I like my sleeves to be bell-shaped, so the exact opposite of this boring men's sweater.  That is why I placed the piece in the opposite direction.

So the final result will be revealed in the following days (when I get someone to take a picture of me wearing it and I have time to clip the threads).

So the nice vacation is coming to an end and my collection is nowhere near to completion. Yikes !  I will have to work harder this week.

Leaving you with a picture of my baby with an apple cozy on his head.  He was not a happy camper but I was having problems breathing from laughing too much !



Hoping everyone is happy and safe !

Claudia




No comments:

Post a Comment