Pages

Saturday 14 July 2012

Summer dresses

Hey Folks !
Bonjour à tous !

So the wedding is done !!!  My aunt was VERY touched and happy about everything we did and made for her.  I'll have some more pictures of the whole sh-bang soon.
Le mariage est passé !!!   Ma tante était très émue et heureuse de tout ce qu'on a fait pour elle.  J'afficherai des photos de toute l'affaire bientôt.

Meanwhile, I wore a newish summer dress I whipped up during my Fashion Show frenzy back in April.  I wanted to make a prom dress with princess lines and I wanted it to be made from t-shirts.  So I basically traced the pattern on my dress form and got to serging and sewing.
En attendant, j'ai porté une robe semi-nouvelle pour le mariage, que j'ai créée lors de la folie de mon défilé de mode en avril dernier.  Je voulais faire une robe de bal avec des coutures "princesse" et je la voulais en t-shirts.  J'ai donc simplement tracé le patron sur mon mannequin et j'a cousu et surjeté.

Here are some pictures of the end result:
Voici le résultat:

Fresh from the wedding party !
J'arrive du mariage !

Thesr are many tiny pieces to make big ones !
Il y a beaucoup de petits morceaux pour faire les gros !

I used those colors because I had them on hand.  I added t-shirt lining to the bodice and sewed an elastic to the top, to keep it form falling down.  I scalloped the edge, finishing it with a simple serge.  It is very comfortable and simple.  At first, I wanted to embellish it with t-shirt roses but I did not have time to make them before the wedding today so I left it blank.  I might add something a little later on.
J'ai utilisé ces couleurs car ce sont celles que j'avais.  J'ai doublé le haut et cousu un élastique en haut, pour empêcher la robe de tomber.  J'ai fini le bord  de cette façon avec un simple surjet.  Elle est très confortable et simple.  En premier, je voulais l'embellir avec des roses de t-shirt mais je n'ai pas eu le temps de le faire avant le mariage aujourd'hui alors je l'ai laissée telle quelle.  Je vais peut-être ajouter quelque chose plus tard.

And on the topic of summer t-shirt dresses, here are some other dresses I made last year.  They are all made from t-shirts and the serged seams are showing.  It is my own pattern.
Parlant de robes d'été en t-shirts, en voici quelques-unes que j'ai faites l'année dernière.  Elle sont toutes faites de t-shirts et surjetées à l'extérieur.  C'est mon propre patron.

A very feminine and comfortable dress I wear often to work.
Une robe féminine et confortable que je porte souvent au travail.

I call that one my Grasshopper dres !  Very form fitting.
Celle-là, c'est ma robe sauterelle !  Très flatteuse.

And this one is my bubblegum dress.  I might change the edge with a ruffle, to shorten it a bit.
Celle-ci, c'est ma robe Bubble gum.  Je vais peut-être modifier le bas avec un volant et la raccourcir un peu.

So now that the wedding is over, I can get back to refashioning normal clothes for me.  I have a project on the back burner which should be really nice.
Alors maintenant que le mariage est passé,je peux retourner à reconstruire des vêtements normaux pour moi.  J'ai un projet en attente qui devrait être très joli.

Peace

Claudia


7 comments:

  1. You are rocking those dresses! They are very flattering :) I would like to see close ups of the grasshopper and bubblegum dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emme,

    If you click on the picture, I think you can see a bigger version. I'll try to get some close-ups for you. Have a great day and thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  3. The green dress is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! Great job making all of these from t-shirts!!! They are all lovely, but my favourite is the Grasshopper dress followed by the one directly above it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Claudia, I've featured your t-shirt dresses today...
    http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/07/threading-your-way-features_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas and wonderful sewing. I have a Blog Hop, and I would love it if you would link this post. You can find it at
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/07/surf-spray-and-wednesdays-adorned-from.html
    It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
    I hope to see you there. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete